Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I decided on chicken & mushroom casserole.This is one of my tested & tried recipes which turn out really great.Here it is:)
1cup boiled & shredded chicken
200 gms mushrooms - chopped
4tbsp dry bread crumbs
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp plain flour
3 cubes(60 gms) cheese-grated
salt,pepper to taste
3 cups milk
How to cook
1. Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan.Add onions & cook till transparent.
2. Add mushrooms.Stir for 2 min.
3. Sprinkle flour.Stir continuously for a minute on low heat.Remove from fire.
4. Add the milk,stirring continuously.Return to fire& cook till it coats the back of a spoon.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste.
6. Add chicken & simmer for a minute.
7. Add grated cheese & remove from heat.
8. Transfer to a baking dish & sprinkle bread crumbs.
10. Bake for about 20-30 min in a hot oven till the dish gets brown.
I forgot to add bread crumbs as you can see the pic:)
But it turned out just as yummy:)