»

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lovely new bag fabrics:)

Encouraged by my first sale yesterday I went today morning to the market foraging for new fabric for purses:)
Fortunately in India there is no derth of good quality raw material.................so yes..........I bought a few goodies:)

I have been dabbling in faux leather till now,but now I have taken the plunge in the world of pure leather:) Got this lovely shade of rustish red textured leather..............its soooo wow!
 Ordered another leather in yum plum:).............will pick it up tomorrow morning.
I had kept my eye on an amazing jute fabric,but I never bought it for the simple reason that my 35 year old machine would have got massacred sewing layers of such thick fabric .............but now that I possess my shiny new industrial machine I decided to go ahead with  it!
Here it is...............see the detailed weave..............its simply gorgeous!
Can't wait to start on this one:)
How can I go to the market & not fall for a printed fabric................I don't understand this undying love of mine for anything floral & printed!............So this is what I got
Also finished another purse yesterday night.The shape has a story behind it;)
I had decided on a rectangular shape & was cutting this while watching"Criminal Minds".................was so engrossed watching the depravity of human mind that I accidently snipped off the bottom edge & hence this shape:)))).....................But I like the way it finally turned out:)..................My photography skills just refuse to capture the true beauty of my purses:(..................well I can not be good at everything,now,can I;)

I decided to line this in a pretty striped fabric & here it is.

  
I am planning to add a shopping cart & paypal here,so my customers can buy anything they like from here directly instead of going to a third party site & worry about the registration & other formalities:)
The advantage for my customers is that whatever I will save as selling fees on etsy,I will pass on to my customers,so basically my bags & purses will be a few dollars cheaper here compared to on etsy & artfire:)
Isn't this a good idea:)....................But it will take a wee bit of time,I am swamped with work right now!
Now I am off to make red leather clutch which I have cut yesterday night:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails