»

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Indian Clutches............by demand:)

I reckon my loss of interest in making purses past few days is probably due to boredom of making the same thing!
You know I am the true creative types,I have no formal training in sewing,designing............heck I am an engineer,I can rattle off names of integrated circuits to make an electronic device or program a PLC to control water flow............I am trained in that!
But designing purses on paper & actually materializing it in 3 D is a different ball game altogether!
I have been working exclusively with leather past month & probably the sameness of it did me in:(
I was chatting with my Etsy friends yesterday & SOOO many of them encouraged me to make typical Indian Clutches!
So encouraged by them I dug in to my fabric stash & decided on three of them.
This was the first.................I have a knotted clutch made in this fabric in the shop already,so I guess it will have a companion in the shop:)
 Here it is
 They also said how much they loved the typical blingy sequiny Indian fabric,so I had this very pretty green pure silk fabric with needle work done on it...................so here it is all cut & ready to sew
 I saved the best one for the last:)
As am Indian I wear lots of silks & brocades & I definitely can separate the authentic ones from the copy cats.This is by far the best brocade I have ever seen!
This is the best & the most EXPENSIVE brocade available in India.This costs around 10-12 times compared to a normal brocade.This is totally handwoven on looms by artisans in Benaras:)
I used it to add border to a saree & from the leftover fabric I have cut the basic silhouette of  a clutch....
I just wish I could capture the true vibrance of this fabric,the pics do no justice to its sheer beauty!
The golden thread is woven so beautifully................it's breathtaking...........I will take better pics once I sew it :)
I also have cut a leather clutch in an amazing green cow leather...............it's almost done,just need to add pockets to the lining now............hopefully I will finish all these & have them listed in the shop by Monday:)
So as you can see I have loads of work to do as against offing around the net as I seem to do most of the times!
Have a dinner party at home too!.............totally forgot about it!!
Well.................I am seriously off now & will be back with updates as soon as I am finished with these:)
Have a fun WEEKEND!!!

1 comments:

Daisy

Priti, I'm so glad to see you working more with Indian fabrics! I love their colors and texture, especially the second and third purse pictured! I can't find authentic Indian fabric here, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else you make with it.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails