»

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Recipe - Chicken mushroom casserole

Tonight we have to go to somebody's place for dinner & these nights typically mean heavy Indian food!!!!!
So I decided to make something light & yet filling for lunch.
One of my friends called me up in the morning telling me she had fresh mushrooms & offered to send them over.................since mushrooms go bad pretty fast I knew lunch had to have mushrooms somehow!!!
I decided on chicken & mushroom casserole.This is one of my tested & tried recipes which turn out really great.Here it is:)



Ingredients

1cup boiled & shredded chicken
200 gms mushrooms - chopped
2 onions-chopped
4tbsp dry bread crumbs

white sauce

3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp plain flour
3 cubes(60 gms) cheese-grated
salt,pepper to taste
3 cups milk

How to cook

1.  Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan.Add onions & cook till transparent.
2. Add mushrooms.Stir for 2 min.
3. Sprinkle flour.Stir continuously for a minute on low heat.Remove from fire.
4. Add the milk,stirring continuously.Return to fire& cook till it coats the back of a spoon.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste.
6. Add chicken & simmer for a minute.
7. Add grated cheese & remove from heat.
8. Transfer to a baking dish & sprinkle bread crumbs.
10. Bake for about 20-30 min in a hot oven till the dish gets brown.


I forgot to add bread crumbs as you can see the pic:)
But it turned out just as yummy:)




The chunks of mushroom & chicken are simply tempting.
Here is Sasha .................she went off to sleep still watching TV on the bean bag:)
Obviously she ate well;)




Tell me if you try this out
BON APPETIT

5 comments:

bethany

Thanks so much for your votes!! Let me know which pattern you want. Thanks again!!
Beth

Unknown

Oh my goodness this look so yummy i am 5mth pregnant and I cant get enuff of mushrooms

Unknown

ok finally making this with the help of my 2 year old and I am so excited for my hubby to get home to try it. I'll post a pic and let you know how it comes. Yummy mushrooms and chicken are my fav's

Unknown

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/xsychox/IMG00833.jpg

priti

Hi Mrs P...........thank you so much for the pic......I hope ure family enjoyed it:)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails