»

Monday, June 7, 2010

Yoga mat bag

While surfing tutorials posted on different blogs I came across this tutorial for yoga mat bag.I really liked the idea of having a bag exclusively for the yoga mat. I has this pretty cotton printed floral fabric & i decided to go ahead with it.The tutorial didn't say anything about interfacing but i did want some body & structure to it,so i have used fusible interfacing for the outer fabric.



I had just over a yard of the fabric which was just enough.I used plain off white sheet material for the lining.But I figured if I used interfacing for the lining too it would become too stiff & because of the narrow cylindrical shape it may be difficult to turn it around & I was right:)
I used interfacing for the strap too.................& it feels just right:)
There are 3 pockets too to carry the keys,sunglasses,bottle of water,wallet ,mobile & other things you may need:)



So now I am all set for my yoga class...........I haven't started doing yoga yet though;)
But i just wanted to make something different...........I may after all just start doing some form of exercise only to show off my new bag:)
Here am I all set



Aditya (my son) too wanted to try it


And obviously how could Sasha be left behind...........never mind the fact that she can fit herself inside the bag:)



Any comments or suggestions are welcome.I will try to search for the tutorial ............if i find it i will link it here:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails