Currently I have okra in full swing.Have a look
250 grams bhindi (fresh, medium)
1 tsp. Garlic(paste)
1 tsp. Coriander powder
1 tsp. Mustard Powder
1 tsp. Spice mix for Chaat
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 pinch Asafoetida
½ tsp. Red Chili Powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
4 tbsps. Mustard Oil (mustard oil brings out the flavour of okra,any other oil will also do!)
1. Wash, wipe and remove the tops and tips of bhindi.
2. Use a knife to make vertical incisions to stuff masala. Keep aside.
3. Mix all dry masala, chaat masala(1/2 tsp) with little water and stuff into the bhindi with help of a small knife.
4. Pan fry bhindi until crisp in medium high heat; use oil liberally;)
5. Add remaining spice mix and continue frying for another minute.
6. Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil (if needed).
7. Decorate bhindi with raw onion rings and coriander leaves, sprinkle chaat masala in serving dish.
And you are done!!!!!! As simple as that.If you make it,please tell me how did you like it:)
I also have capsicum ,green chillies & tomatoes in their last cycle now.
See these gorgeous capsicums:)
There is a lovely Indian dish called "paneer shimla mirch" which uses capsicum alongwith cottage cheese to make a yummmmm dish,Maybe I will add the recipe in some other post:)
My tomatoes are almost finished now............when they were in their prime;).............tomatoes are seasonal as all other veggies,I was getting almost a kg of tomatoes daily!!!
Today I am going to make something combining all these lovely veggies from my garden:)
Am planning to plant new seeds today................will post that in another update about my Kitchen Garden:)