»

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crafting mama's crafting son:)

We are Hindus & do not celebrate Christmas but Indians by & large are a very tolerant community & accepting of other religions.So even though we celebrate Hindu festivals ,we do have Christmas buzz in India!
My 7 year old son studies in a convent & naturally knows all about the Christian holidays &  has Christmas party in his school coming up !..................he has been singing Silent Night Holy Night .............. for days now & is all abuzz with "What will Santa get me??"....................knowing fully well it will be momma buying him goodies:)
He has a lovely music teacher Ms Sarah who is a catholic &  teaches him the most beautiful hymns & carols!

I have a teeny tiny Christmas tree (it's too small to be called a tree ,but I don't think I can call it Christmas plant?!?!).................well whatever you call it,my son got it inside from the garden outside & he was busy doing something with the scotch tape,I didn't really pay much attention.After a while I checked on him & OMG............he had it all lit up!
He used the Diwali lighting I had kept & wrapped it around the tree & even connected it to the lamp !
I was very pleasantly surprised................I have a few paper mache  bells  & balls & he had the common sense to use them as ornaments!
He went ahead & gift wrapped a few boxes,put bows on them & hung them to the tree........he is truly MY son.................crafting mama's crafting boy:)
He did it all himself without any help or directions from me!..................& he is all of seven:)
He & of course I are soooooo very proud of him...............the first thing he did this morning when he woke up was  to run to the living room & see his lit up Christmas tree:)
Now I am off to buy his Christmas gifts & stockings to put them in:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails