»

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Indian recipe-palak paneer (Spinach with cottage cheese)

Hi all:)
I have been out of blogland close to a week thanx to a virus I picked up somewhere:(
Anywayz now I am back. Yay!!!!!!!!!
Today I am going to share an Indian recipe made of spinach & paneer........panner is a form of cheese(cottage cheese).
This dish is one of the really popular recipes in India.The creamy texture of the spinach alongwith fresh cheese is just irresistable:)
So here we go

MUGHLAI PALAK PANEER ( SERVES 4)

Ingredients

 A bunch of spinach ( around 600-700 grams)
200 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
seeds of 1 brown cardamom
2-3 cloves
3-4 pepper corns(black)
3 onions-grind in a mixer
2 tomatoes-grind alongwith onions
1' piece ginger-chopped
1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
1/4 tsp dried mango powder
3 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste

Lets roll

1.Boil chopped spinach alongwith ginger for 10 minutes.

2.Heat oil,add seeds of cardamom,cloves & pepper corns.Add ground onion,tomato paste & stir on low flame for 5 minutes.




3. Add dried fenugreek & stir till oil starts seperating like this




4.Add dried mango powder.Add boiled spinach & cook for 2-3 minutes.Remove from fire.Let it cool.




5. Meanwhile chop the cottage cheese into small pieces like this


6.Cool & blend the spinach for a few secods,do not grind it too fine.Now add 1/2 cup of milk if you find it too thick & simmer covered for 2-3 minutes.

7.Now beat the fresh cream with a fork & add it to the spinach on low fire.




8.Add the cottage cheese pieces,give it a boil.I prefer adding salt at this last stage as I get a better idea of the quantity after the spinach has been simmered,besides the milk & cream do not curdle!!!!!



9. Simmer for 2 minutes & transfer it to a serving dish & TaDaaaaa.............you are done!!!!!!!!!!
Doesnt it look tempting:)



This tastes best with Indian flat bread called roti or parantha.I guess I will add a recipe on how to make them too.But first I have to make them for my own lunch:)
  I will keep clicking pics & come back with another recipe after lunch:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails