»

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ruffled skirt for sasha

I am back from shopping wothout buying anything:))))
I am so proud of myself that I didnt succumb to the wiley charms of the beautiful sarees;)
I am going to post about something I made for Sasha a few days back.
As usual majority of my projects are from left over fabrics!!!!!
I had these lovely printed cottons left over from something I had made.
Both the fabrics are wonderful Indian cottons & the speciallity is the self embroidery on them!!!!!!!
Yes..............alongwith the print they have thread embroidery called "Chikan work" on them which happens to be a form of a very beautiful traditional Indian embroidery.
I decided to make a ruffled skirt with the fabric which was just enough for the basic skirt & used the other one to make the ruffles.




I wanted to make one more ruffle...............but I could manage just 2 out of the fabric.To compensate for a third ruffle I made a casing for the waist band & added elastic which added its own ruffle!!!!
I wish I had clicked pics while making this,I could have made a tutorial out of this:(



See the ruffled casing I mentioned????



Here is my princess happy with her new skirt .............off to play:)



This is pretty easy to make but if anybody needs to know how to go about it,I would be happy to help:)
If you make anything after seeing this,please show me the pics too:)

3 comments:

Daisy

I like only having 2 rows of ruffles, a third one may have been overpowering on a small skirt. Very cute design!

Anonymous

That is SO adorable! She seems very happy to have it! :)

Anonymous

I saw this picture on the SMS board. It's so beautiful! And she looks so happy too. Brava!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails