»

Monday, January 10, 2011

I am Back!

YAY..............after a refreshing & superb road trip I am back..............wow.the beauty of Rajasthan is unparalleled!........... It's a  perfect amalgamation of ages old traditional culture, modern luxury and comforts. It  is a unique experience which has left us spell bound as we explored it more & more.I would love to go back again & venture to places we could not this time!
We saw the gorgeous pink city-Jaipur in all it's winter glory..............the fog covered city,the impregnable forts ( we had to hire elephants to climb them!),the busy bazaars..................ammmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaazing is the only word that comes to my mind!
Rajasthan is famous for its jewelery & I would be a fool if I didn't snap up some goodies!......................I got a few sterling silver pieces with exquisite workmanship................chk these out

The larger ones are sterling silver with Swarovski crystal..............loved the design!
The smaller one has real garnet set in sterling silver............very modern perfect for daily wear..........I fell in love with the antique peacock pendant the instant I laid eyes on it...................had to grab it even if it burned a BIIG hole in my pocket;)
I can not tell you guys  the array of gems & beads I saw there................I wish I knew anything about jewelery making!
I would be a fool if I didn't buy the famous rajasthani bangles..............so I did!


Umm..............next I got myself some gorgeous footwear in Camel leather:)


If I keep posting pics of everything I bought you will be simply bored:)..................I got lovely tie dyed chiffon sarees,silk sarees,kurtis,Indian lehenga for my daughter,quilted vests for my kids,block printed goodies etc etc.......................
I don't want to bug you with more pics but I can't resist adding showing off these gorgeous handcrafted umbrellas.................they are not just decorative,I can use them too which I won't be:)
Even when on a holiday I could not resist buying things for my business:)
I got lovely small hides of Horse & Camel leather!..............can't wait to try them out:)
Also these yum hand block printed cottons................I am not sure whether I will use these for lining ,to make purses or simply sell as fat quarters in my supply shop!

Well..............I have lots to catch up on as I my husband very wisely forbid me from going anywhere near a computer on the holidays.................I did come back to sale,FP,inquiries etc etc......................so I am going to attend to all the pending mails ,messages & come back with whatever I make from the yum camel & horse leather bought:)

4 comments:

Vintage Precious

What a fun trip! I can't imagine all the fabric's that must have been there for you to choose from.

priti

It was like a fairy land Athena:)
I went wild buying things:)

Andrea

Absolutely stunning....I love all the colors, textures and patterns. And those shoes....those shoes are amazing. Can only hope one day I can visit such a beautiful, enchanting, vibrant country.

priti

Andrea............I ma sure you will love my country:)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails