»

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DIY- Intoxicating Burlap Vase


Good Morning .....................what did you do this weekend my friends!..................I  went for a movie with my family & friends & did a lil DIY which I am going to share with you all!

A few days back I broke THE MOST EXPENSIVE crystal vase I had:(
The dry twigs I used to keep in the vase were just lying around being chewed on by Doggie B!

I told you last week I have a party coming up in few days,while thinking of decor,I really wanted to use my beautiful golden twigs but with no vase,I could not & I really do not want to buy a new crystal vase...................so the crafter {is that a word?!?} decide to take over!

I started hunting for some suitable container around my house & came up with a whiskey container & made this INTOXICATING BURLAP VASE :)


To make this all you need is a sturdy container,burlap strips & some rosettes,shells,ribbon,trim .................basically any embellishment & of course a hot glue gun:)


I made small little roses from satin ribbon.You can see my tutorial here to make rosettes with fabric scraps & zipper or choose from many tutorials here



Just take one end of the burlap strip & hot glue it to the top of the container & keep rolling it around the container  all the way down sticking in between a few turns with the hot glue gun






Your burlap covered container is ready.....................now let your creativity flow!


 I just hot glued the rosettes & some shells,you can add pretty much anything you want/like/have at home.
So now you know why I call it Intoxicating Vase;).......................I also put a few rocks in it so it doesn't topple over!



XOXO

1 comments:

HannahBee

Cool idea for the vase! Thanks!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails