»

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Inspire Me Wednesday- Underwater

I was sooooo looking forward to Wednesday so I could do my Inspire Me series!
Today's theme is Underwater!
There is a reason I chose this theme..............I am petrified of Underwater!................believe me I am verrrry scared of being underwater!

Yes..........you will never see me frolicking on a beach side because of my inherent fear of water!................I taught myself how to swim but I am a strictly shallow end swimmer......................I swim with my eyes open & I constantly look at the thick white painted guide lines at the bottom of the pool.I am comfortable as long as the lines are visible but as I swim towards the deep end,the lines begin to fade,my heart starts beating faster,the rush of water scares me,I begin to panic & turn towards the safety of the shallow end!

I have probably dared only twice to swim all the way to the deep end (barely 15 feet),but knowing I can not stand even if I want to gives me the chills................my lungs start giving away & I start thrashing when I am perfectly capable of swimming!..................so I venture only till my legs can still reach the bottom of the pool like here!


This is a picture from our holiday in Dubai:)

So getting back to today's theme,I want to list beautiful underwater pics to inspire me,give me courage so MAYBE I will take that extra lap,not be so scared & enjoy the beauty of water!....................that is why I am choosing pics of HUMANS underwater,not sea-life...............they don't need to overcome their fear for water duh!?!

source 
source 
source 
source 
source 
source  
source 
source 
Maybe if my mum had done this while carrying me,I wouldn't have been such a chicken!.................yeah right blame it on mom;)
source 
I have always felt my fear of being underwater partially stems from my being a fire sign.........I am a Leo,but this cat seems to be doing well underwater!

source 

Well if all fails,this will be my last resort to enjoy the underwater;)

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails